Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Top-Down Visual Processing.




This particular image is a screenshot of one of my most visited sites daily. As you can see, there's a great deal of news and graphics going on in the homepage, however the organization of the site is actually extremely user friendly to the trained eye. While we as humans have natural active vision whenever we observe something for a long period of time, this site's set up is easy for any visitor to follow. I feel like this website is relevant to my intended study because of the different design elements demonstrated on this website and the website in general being an excellent source for numerous design principles. While this site is for selling/buying of sneakers, it is also a forum for common collectors to discuss a variety of issues while socially networking. I noticed when I was looking at this screen that they place the tabs and links at the top of the home page to make sections easily accessible. Furthermore, while I enjoy the layout of the website since I've seen past models, I can understand how elements are too spread out with too much information possibly skewing people's scan paths.

www.solecollector.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers